Specialist, Reporting and Business Analysis
Specialist, Reporting and Business Analysis
United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Ref #: 12898
How you'll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
The Specialist, Reporting and Business Analysis will be responsible for performing deep management requested and standard financial and data analysis of Revenue Pipeline (RP) information related to passenger revenues, commissions, rasm, yield, profitability, and contractual agreements for various customer groups including senior management.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work with the Revenue Pipeline Solutions Center (RPSC) and various business customers and determine clear and actionable requirements for new or existing Revenue Pipeline reports while managing end-user expectations.
- Design, develop, test, and document structured queries and reports to extract data from a data warehouse (Revenue Pipeline Analytical database; RPAD) and maximize the performance and accuracy of standard and ad hoc queries and reports.
- Proactively perform audits of RPAD data, reports, queries, and tables to identify weaknesses in Revenue Pipeline data integrity, reliability, or technical processes. Recommend business process and/or design enhancements to DL management. Work with the RPSC and/or Information Technology groups (IT) to analyze, design, build, test, and implement these enhancements.
- Perform project management /product owner activities by proposing and reviewing the requirements for new Revenue Pipeline processes or modifications to RPAD. Document, test and audit the impacted RPAD activities.
- Perform data validation and explain differences between Revenue Pipeline data and other sources of data to end-users.
- Research and communicate answers to end-users' questions about Revenue Pipeline data and reports, including data issues, interpretation of RP data, report availability, and post report delivery questions.
- Prepare and facilitate Revenue Pipeline training sessions which explain Revenue Pipeline reports and data, or common end-user difficulties with RP data including general Brio query knowledge, general RP data knowledge, and complex Revenue Pipeline attributes.
- Serve as a Revenue Pipeline Subject Matter Expert. Provide RP data, RP processes, Reporting Tools (Brio and SAS), and Delta business knowledge to other Delta organizations, and Delta Information Technology, for the purposes of analysis, report development, and training.
- Manage multiple existing and developing system projects and analyses with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- 3+ years' experience performing challenging analytical work and possess the ability to communicate detailed analytical data through oral and written means to all levels of management.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work assignments in order to work on several projects concurrently and meet or exceed deadlines.
- Must have the ability to work well with others in a time sensitive and team environment with minimal supervision.
- Must be proficient (3+ years' experience) in a query writing tool. In addition, Hyperion
- Brio, Toad, Tableau, SAS, SQL or similar database query tool knowledge is a plus.
- Must possess the ability to acquire a working knowledge of other Delta business processes and their data needs.
- Must possess strong communications skills.
- Must possess proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Self-starter, with a natural curiosity to explore and understand any given situation.
- Must be performing satisfactorily in present position.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Business, Finance, Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics or related field.
- Strong knowledge of Revenue Pipeline data.
Delta Air Lines, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings through this site, apply for jobs through Delta's online system, or at any point in the selection process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please click here