Sr Service Desk Representative
Our Company Promise
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
All of Southwest's People come together to deliver on our Purpose; Connecting People to what's important in their lives through friendly, reliable, and low-cost air travel. The Senior Service Desk Representative assists via phone and chat with technical issues, questions, and requests in a 24/7 call center environment. This role analyzes issues to determine the appropriate resolution or Technology Team to further assist Customers. The Senior Service Desk Representative is an effective communicator and strategic thinker who is excited to extend hospitality and support to Southwest Employees throughout the Company.
- U.S. citizenship or current authorization to work in the U.S. required and no current or future work authorization sponsorship available.
- This role is offered as a regional workplace position and Employees must work in the region they support. This could require working from a mix of on-site Company facilities and remote based offices to perform the job function in a regional location determined by business need. Each Department will provide Employees with guidance on when and where presence is required with as much notice as reasonably possible.
- Please note, while this is a regional position, there is limited group of states or localities ineligible for Employees to regularly perform their work off-site. Those ineligible locations are: Alaska,Delaware, New Jersey, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
- For eligible Leadership and individual contributor roles, additional bonus opportunities are available and awarded at the discretion of the Company
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We continue to look for opportunities to reflect the communities we serve, and welcome applicants with diverse thoughts, backgrounds, and experiences.
- Work all inbound support channels (calls and chats) and provide a single point of contact for any technical issue, request or question that comes from the Customer
- Analyze simple to moderate issues and determine appropriate technical area or vendor to resolve problems
- Maintain written documentation for each call; escalate complex problems to the next level of support as required by documented procedures; communicate efficiently and effectively with Customers
- Identify appropriate Technology Team to resolve issues that are outside the scope of the Service Desk
- Use and update knowledge management actively to resolve issues
- Analyze the impact and urgency of the Customer's issue or request and facilitate implementation of the appropriate solutions
- Recognize trends across Service Desk channels and offer potential solutions
- Facilitate Problem Management practices across the Service Desk Team
- Maintain compliance with required training and published service desk procedures
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of support procedures, processes, and service management tools
- Knowledge of business applications and their impact on business functions
- Skilled in organization, communication, and prioritization
- Skilled in PC hardware, Windows 10, O365, Active Directory, Outlook/Exchange SMS, and MS Office Suite, iOS, Android, and Mac devices
- Skilled in LAN, WAN, wireless networks, VDIs, and Citrix
- Ability to work all support channels while providing effective Customer Service
- Ability to perform accurate problem diagnosis and resolve moderately complex IT problems rapidly and effectively
- Ability to understand and to meet individual and Service Desk metrics
- Ability to display empathy and hospitality to callers' needs and situations
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Entry-level experience; developing skills and knowledge in ITIL methodology
- Preferred: ITIL Foundations Certification
- Ability to perform work duties from [limited space work station/desk/office area] for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate and interact with others in the English language to meet the demands of the job
- Ability to use a computer and other office productivity tools with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be able to work any Service Desk shift (7x24x365)/Shifts bids occur multiple times per year
Competitive market salary from $60,960 per year to $63,500 per year* depending on qualifications and experience. For eligible Leadership and individual contributor roles, additional bonus opportunities are available and awarded at the discretion of the company.
Benefits you'll love:
- Fly for free, as a privilege, on any open seat on all Southwest flights (your eligible dependents too) *
- Up to a 9.3% 401(k) Company match, dollar for dollar, of your eligible pay, per paycheck *
- Potential for annual ProfitSharing contribution toward retirement - when Southwest profits, you profit** *
- Explore more Benefits you'll love:
- *Pay amount does not guarantee employment for any particular period of time.
- **401(k) match contributions are subject to the plan's vesting schedule and applicable IRS limits
- ***ProfitSharing contributions are subject to plan's vesting schedule and are made at the discretion of the Company.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print/save this job description because it won't be available after you apply.